What colour do you feel like today? Choose the tie that matches your mood!
Colour psychology is the discipline in which the impact of various shades of colours on the mood is researched. An undoubtedly fascinating field that gets on the bottom of the human mind and emotions. But also in everyday live you can apply colour psychology, for example when choosing the colour of your garments. Discover what “hidden ” messages the different colour shades send.
In the English language there are many sayings related to colours, such as “green with envy”, “to see red” or “being yellow”. Apart from these expressions, the choice of colour for your clothing can reveal a lot about feelings.
When it comes to formal menswear, however, there is not much room for imagination and expression of personality, in dark suits and light shirts. This is where ties and accesssories come in handy. With an almost endless selection of models, also men can personalise their outfit. In this context, we have prepared a small list of colour symbolism. Find out what the (often unconscious) choice of the colour of your tie means:
- Blue: is one of the most popular colours. Easy to combine, blue is simple and elegant. With a blue accessory you cannot go wrong! But blue is also the colour of maturity, leadership and the desire for harmony. This colour is ideal for many different occasions. For a little extravagance choose a tie in a bright blue.
- Red: is often used to demonstrate power and authority, but is also often associated with passion and love. The meaning therefore varies, depending on the context. This tie is ideal for men with a strong personality. If you do not like to stand in the center of attention, bright red ties are not for you. Always keep in mind, the most important „accessory“ is feeling comfortable and confident.
- Black: is very elegant. With a black tie you show that you pay attention to a good style without drawing to much attention on you. Who says black is boring and unimaginative is wrong: There is now a huge selection of black ties with patterns and original details.
- Yellow and Orange: Bright colours are often indicative of the mood of the wearer. They are perfect for summer but can, especially in pastel shades, be worn all year round. Avoid very bright colours at more formal occasions.
- Green: is the color of the nature, green expresses peace and conscientiousness, as long as it isn’t, as already mentioned, too bright.
So if you think the next time about which tie to wear, think of our advice and bring your look in line with your mood.